o U.S. border agents are required to verify that every international student arriving in the U.S. has a valid student visa.
o Please expect and plan for delays when going through U.S. customs and border control.
o This is especially important to consider when purchasing your airline tickets.
o You will be required to go through customs and border patrol at the airport in which you first enter the U.S.
o If you have a connecting flight from that airport, please plan sufficient time so that you do not miss your next flight.
As of 12:01AM ET on June 12, 2022, CDC will no longer require air passengers traveling from a foreign country to the United States to show a negative COVID-19 viral test or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before they board their flight.
As of April 18, 2022, CDC’s January 29, 2021 Order requiring masks on public transportation conveyances and at transportation hubs is no longer in effect. Therefore, CDC will not enforce the Order. CDC continues to recommend that people wear masks in indoor public transportation settings at this time.
o You must be in Laramie prior to mandatory orientation. You must plan to arrive in Laramie on August 23 or 24 if you would like to be picked up by Education Abroad staff. If you move in to your residence hall before August 20, you will be charged $25 per night.
o Mandatory orientation will be held in-person on August 25 before classes start. You will be sent information by the International Students & Scholars Office.
o You can fly directly into the Laramie Airport (LAR) via SkyWest, or into the Denver International Airport (DEN).
o If you fly into DEN, you will need to make a reservation on the Groome Shuttle for transportation to Laramie.
o Make this reservation online at https://groometransportation.com/
o The shuttle will pick you up at the Denver airport and will bring you to Laramie.
o When making your reservation, choose the Washakie Dining Center as your drop-off location.
o The trip takes approximately 3 hours.
You must plan your travel so that you arrive in Laramie between 0800 and 2100. Someone from our office will pick you up when you when you arrive. Make sure to complete the Arrival Information Form so we know how you will arrive.
· If you arrive in Denver too late to arrive in Laramie before 2100, your best option is to spend the night at one of the hotels near the Denver Airport.
o Each of the hotels near the Denver airport provides a free shuttle service from and to the airport.
o If you book your hotel reservation early, you may be able to find good rates online.
· There are NO hotels near the Laramie Airport. It is not possible to spend a night there.
· There is no public transportation from the Laramie Airport into town.
If you will be living in a UW apartment, it is not possible to check in to your apartment any later than 20:00.
If you will be living in an apartment and will arrive in Laramie later than 19:00, you must plan to stay in a hotel that night.
· It is worth comparing prices between Groome shuttle and the flight on United Airlines.
· When booked early, the price for a round-trip ticket is often the same for both.
· The flight from Denver to Laramie takes about 40 minutes.
· If you fly into the Laramie airport, we will provide transportation to campus at no charge.
· There are no public buses, shuttle services, and only very few taxis available from the Laramie airport. Please plan carefully.
· There are no hotels near the Laramie airport.
Please make sure to enter your arrival information so we can help you when you arrive in Laramie.
Someone from our office will pick you up when you arrive in Laramie and assist you with your check-in.
Please complete the Arrival Information Form and we look forward to meeting you soon in Laramie!